Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Kolob Hike Pictures

So, this past Monday I had the chance to go hiking up at Kolob canyon.  Of course I took my camera, only to get there and discover I only had my telephoto lens with me.  So, I turned into an impromptu challenge using the single lens I had.  Below are some of my favorite shots.

Here I was practicing the depth of field.  I love these orange leaves, especially since everything else was either green or yellow-ish.

I thought this was much more dramatic in black and white than in the original color.

Same with this one.

I love the way you can just see this historic cabin through the surrounding trees.

I loved the criss-crossing fallen trees through here.

To me, this tree looks like it's dancing, almost like something out of Fantasia.

I think this is my favorite picture of all of them.  It looks like something out of Lord of the Rings.

Just a fun little fall of water.

I like the flower with the water and rocks blurred out behind them.

I liked the cloud next the rock in this picture.

This is my dancing tree again, but I really like how it rather frames the mountain behind it.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo shots Kira I really enjoyed those the depth and the tree shots were my faves I take many of those myself.

    I have a photo blog I titled my Phlog you're more than welcome to check it out if you like? > http://marieflutterby.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete