Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Cloudy Day

So, today I got out to take some more pictures.  I decided that rather than head up the mountain I would head west instead.  There was an amazing sky full of clouds that made for some very dramatic pictures.  At least, I think so.

Although I took this picture, and the next one, in color, I felt the pictures were much more dramatic in black and white.


I love the clouds at the very bottom of the picture.  They look like arches.

I think this picture was amazing.  The sun behind these clouds was fantastic, especially as it appeared over this formation.

Although this picture, and the next one, are of the same subject, I love the difference in light and colors I got in each, and how those differences give each a different feel.


This was just an experiment, but I like the cooler colors reflected in the mirror against the warmer colors of the grass surrounding the mirror.

Another use of the side-view mirrors. I like how the gap is reflected almost perfectly in the mirror.

This tree was the only bit of color out in the middle of no-where against the gray of the sky.  I really like how it looks next to this road.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful long shots Kira I really enjoyed those a lot and I couldn't agree more on the mono shots really bringing out the drama in the clouds.

    Just Fluttering Around

    ReplyDelete